The current Human Resources Analyst (Principal) vacancy is responsible for managing, planning and directing all issues in the area of labor and employee relations by:
- Assisting and providing advice regarding disciplinary matters to all County departments
- Working with departments and County Counsel to coordinate responses to grievances and disciplinary matters
- Developing and conducting Countywide training related to discipline, public sector employment and employee relations issues
- Serving as the liaison between the County and the represented groups on disciplinary issues and grievances
- Coordinating negotiations and other labor relations issues with the bargaining groups
- Serving as the representative in contacts with recognized labor organizations and/or departments on meet/confer processes and labor relations activities; conducting negotiations and may serve as the County's chief spokesperson; assisting County departments in implementing and administering labor relations activities; representing department heads on matters related to program area and the interpretation and resolution of grievances; providing training to other members of the County's negotiation teams; and developing proposed language for written proposals
- Providing technical assistance to department representatives to assure reasonable uniformity in all aspects of labor relations, the interpretation and application of County Code, Personnel and Salary Resolution, collective bargaining agreements and related County policies
- Recommending revisions in policies, procedures and practices to the Human Resources Manager
- Performing other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned
T his position may supervise professional, technical, and/or clerical level staff and acts as an in-house consultant in all areas of human resources to County Management and departmental staff. The incumbent is considered to be an expert in their field and requires very little supervision other than for policy direction.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The County of Solano seeks a Human Resources Analyst (Principal) with a strong background in labor relations, who is comfortable with working in a high-volume environment, and has the ability to think critically and with agility in a variety of situations.
With 19 bargaining units, the ideal candidate will be able to begin assisting with grievances and discipline. Experience in coaching supervisors and managers through progressive discipline, and administering discipline is essential, as well as enjoying the challenging work that arises in a unionized environment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to providing timely and effective service to all County departments, as well as share our department's commitment to equity. "Everyone's voice is heard and valued. We bravely practice effective communication, engagement and compassionate leadership to support equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging."
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required from an accredited college or university with a major preferably in Public Administration, Human Resources, Employment Law or a closely related field. (See Document Submittal Requirements section below for further information)
Experience: Three years of professional personnel experience which included assignments in major program areas. One year of the personnel experience must have been related to public agencies.
Other: Applicants are required to possess a valid California Driver's License, Class C or provide suitable transportation which is approved by the appointing authority.
Note: All licenses, certificates and registrations must be kept current while employed in this class.
View the job description for this position HERE .
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.