Under direction of the Deputy County Executive , this position is responsible for the administration and coordination of Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System's financial activities with specific responsibilities for subordinate managers. Brochure Click here to learn more about this position
. Filing Period and Application Procedure Final Filing Date: Continuous until filled. The first review of applications for candidates who apply through this portal is Monday, September 13, 2021. The first review of applications for candidates who apply through Ralph Andersen & Associates is Monday, October 18, 2021.
The recruitment may be extended or closed as early as 10 days after issue date. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and to monitor this site for updated closing information. Ralph Andersen & Associates is assisting the County with this recruitment. For further information or questions on the recruitment , please contact Mr. Robert Burg at 916-630-4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Quynh Truong, Executive Services at (408) 315-9559 or email@example.com.
This recruitment requires the submission of an online application. No paper applications will be accepted. Applicants must apply online at www.sccjobs.org
. It is important that the following information be included in your application packet as it will be evaluated during the competitive review process:
2. References contact information (minimum of 3)
3. Cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate including specific examples from your experience. (maximum of 3 pages)
4. Complete responses to the supplemental questions. STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR LATEST EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP RECRUITMENTS
Subscribe to our Executive Leadership Careers Newsletter ! Click HereOr follow us on:Instagram Instagram.com/SCCExecRecruitmentFacebook facebook.com/SCCExecRecruit Twitter @SCCExecRecruit
- Supervises and directs subordinate managers in Budget, Reimbursement, Business Office and General Accounting;
- Serve as chief financial officer for the Health and Hospital System and is responsible for financial and fiscal operations;
- Participate with other members of the executive management team in assisting the Executive Director with the overall management of the Health and Hospital System;
- Assist the Executive Director in development of current and long-range objectives, plans and policies;
- Develop and approve operating policies and procedures to meet financial goals and objectives of the Health and Hospital System;
- Oversee the preparation of reports regarding the financial status of the Health and Hospital System;
- Participate in planning, organizing, implementing, controlling and evaluating the various Health and Hospital System financial activities;
- Attend meetings of the Board of Supervisors and its committees as assigned;
- Serves as administrative liaison to various Health and Hospital System departments and committees of the medical staff as assigned;
- Participate in various external activities in conjunction with other health care organizations and hospitals relative to Health and Hospital System financial services;
- Manage the budgeting system and development of the annual operating and capital budgets;
- Maintain relations with third party payers, including the filing of reports, negotiations and appeals;
- Prepare annual goals and objectives for areas of responsibility, involving subordinates in the process;
- Assume related responsibilities as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in finance or business administration, or the equivalent training and experience in complex accounting or senior fiscal level administration in a health care setting sufficient to demonstrate possession and application of the knowledge and abilities shown below.Note:
The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function are normally acquired through attainment of a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration and approximately 5 to 10 years of responsible senior level experience managing staff and functions within the accounting department or financial administration in a complex health care organization. Experience within a teaching hospital and a CPA are highly desirable.Knowledge of:
- The fundamentals of hospital and health care services organization and administration;
- Laws and regulations governing public health care delivery organizations;
- Hospital financial management and policies and procedures common to a teaching hospital.
- Effectively manage and supervise the overall financial operations of a large public health care organization which includes a teaching hospital;
- Design and implement an effective financial control system;
- Manage, supervise, and evaluate the activities of the assigned areas of responsibility.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.