The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Senior Project Manager providing support to the Project Management office. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here
] .The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience. Position Summary
The Sr. Project Manager will be part of the Project Management Office and support various types of projects. This is an unclassified position which reports to a PMO Assistant Director. The Senior Project Manager will manage multiple complex projects and may have project managers working under their supervision. Senior Project Manager will work with the appropriate program areas to ensure deliverables are met. As part of the PMO, the Senior Project Manager will work with the team to leverage resources, drive efficiencies, and identify dependencies. Must be an independent driver while being an advocate for business outcomes. Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Manage large complex projects
• Shepherd project requests through PMO intake process
• Perform full project life cycle activities utilizing appropriate methodologies
• Determine necessary project resource plan and acquire, develop, and manage the project team
• Estimate costs, develop project budgets, and manage funding utilization
• Complete information radiators and/or prepare project artifacts/reports
• Manage risks including developing risk mitigation plans
• Ensure adherence to procurement processes consistent with agency and state policies
• Project integration management, including developing project charters
• Acquire documented acceptance at all necessary points
• Manage vendors and monitor to ensure milestones, releases, deliverables are met
• Ensure required documentation is done in compliance with PMO standards and any other applicable governing body
• Partner with Grant Administrator on grant funded projects
• Monitor vendor progress and ensure requirements and deliverables are met
• Serve as a liaison between stakeholders, business, and technical aspects of projects
• Manage all vendors and vendor deliverables within project scope
• Remove blockers as needed
• Escalate issues, risks, and blockers as early as possible
• Serve as escalation point for business, project managers, and vendors
• Provide supervision, including expectation setting and accountability, to assigned staff in accordance with agency policies and goals
• Provides administrative oversight to subordinate employees (e.g., compliance with agency procedures, verification of time)
• Provides supervision and guidance of job duties to ensure work is performed efficiently
• Ensures project plans and implementation strategies align with agency and state goals
• Coach PMO team members
• Develop PMO team members
• Ensure correctness and completeness of reports and artifacts Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage numerous projects at once and manage resource contention.
• Ability to learn quickly
• Advanced ability to speak with leadership and develop leadership-ready presentations
• Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Well-organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
• Change Management skills. Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Business Management, or similar business-oriented degree, and 5 years of project management experience. Preference given to those with a Master's degree AND/OR project management credentials. NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted. Conclusion Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous