The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries. This position will cover multiple counties
Counties Covered: Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw, Coal, Latimer, Leflore, McCurtain, Pittsburg and Pushmataha County Health Departments.
OSDH is seeking a full time Logistics and Exercise Support Specialist providing support to Region 9 of the of the Oklahoma State Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34002158) in state government. Duty station will be determined upon hire. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here
].The annual salary for this position is up to $53,200.00 based on education and experience. Position Description:
The Logistics and Exercise Support Specialist coordinates the Public Health training and exercise strategy in the district and provides technical assistance for communities in the design, development, evaluation and after-action reporting of exercises and training. The Specialist also oversees health and medical resource requests of public health assets and works to have a comprehensive view of community resources and assets. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinates Health Department's emergency preparedness exercise program including planning and conducting discussion and operations-based exercises.
• Participate on community exercise planning teams as the Public Health Subject Matter Expert and assist in the development, planning, and facilitation of community-based exercises.
• Coordinates Health Department's emergency preparedness training program including developing and instructing training courses on topics including medical countermeasures, the Incident Command System, and general emergency preparedness.
• Maintain local Incident Command System and preparedness-related training records.
• Identifies trends and provides recommendations, based upon subject matter expertise, to mitigate exposure to damage caused by future emergencies/disasters.
• Supports the development of after-action reports and takes action to improve public health preparedness based upon the results; ensuring deficiencies are corrected within established timeframes.
• Oversees requests and works with the Health and Medical partners to have a comprehensive view of community resources and assets. This includes but it is not limited to: identifying resources, intake of resource requests and any necessary follow up.
• Collaborates with the Local Emergency Response Coordinator to identify and track public health resources across the Health District.
• Maintains inventory information relative to district caches of supplies, including location of the supplies, type and quantity.
• Maintains an inventory of resources located within the Health Department response trailers.
• Monitors Health Department supplies and advises of supply chain concerns that may arise.
• Participates as a member of the Emergency Preparedness team, and respond, when instructed, to various types of health and medical emergencies on a 24/7 basis. Work may include overnight and weekend shifts as needed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding emergency services, disaster response, recovery and mitigation; planning, development, implementation, and assessment of emergency management programs and response strategies relative to natural and manmade disasters. Knowledge of CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness Capabilities and ASPR Health Care Preparedness and Response Capabilities, and affiliated cooperative agreements. Ability to coordinate various emergency preparedness and response activities across organizational lines; communicate effectively orally and in writing; train others in emergency response procedures; work under considerable pressure and stress in emergency situations; identify and recommend appropriate solutions to problems (decision making); and promote, establish and maintain effective working relations with others.
Other technical qualifications also include prior training or experience with a variety of emergency systems communications platforms, i.e., 800 MHz, government UHF, VHF, HF, amateur radio, mobile satellite phone, etc. Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled setting and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. This position may require long periods of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicant is required to work hours other than the regular schedule such as nights and weekends during potential or actual public health threats to the State of Oklahoma. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Emergency Management, Meteorology, Information Technology or equivalent Military and/or emergency operations center experience is required. Training and Certification: ICS 100, 200, 700, & 800 NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted. Conclusion Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous