Under the direction of the Community Services Director/City Engineer, responsible for overseeing Wastewater, Stormwater and Transportation Engineering Projects. Incumbent is responsible for the development of designs and plans for public improvements including wastewater and stormwater projects; construction supervision of all public works project improvements; and ensuring City code compliance for transportation engineering of private projects. Assists the City Engineer in administrating City Land Development Codes applicable to Public Works in existing and proposed facilities; assists the public in projects related to the City Land Development Code. Performs other work as requested.Duties
Required Education, Experience, License, Registration, and Certification Qualifications
- Leads crew in making surveys for the design phase of a project.
- Designs plans for public improvements, directs Engineering Technicians and supervises the preparation of specifications for bidding by private contractors or for construction by City employees.
- Ensures capital improvement projects are planned, designed, and built according to acceptable engineering standards.
- Reviews all private applications for development to assure compliance with City code and they are in accordance with acceptable engineering standards.
- As Project Manager of Public Works projects, directs field surveys and inspections, road improvements, and other public works projects.
- Obtains permit application approval for municipal projects from the appropriate local, state and federal agencies.
- Serves as City Engineer when Community Services Director is absent.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in civil engineering; and possess certification as a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Supplemental or Additional Information
Knowledge of modern engineering methods and practices.
Knowledge of the design of stormwater drainage systems, transportation engineering and sanitary sewer facilities.
Ability to work effectively with public organizations and citizens.
Ability to design engineering plans and specifications for construction projects.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.