About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Recreation Service Representative positions are part-time only and will work a maximum of 30 hours per week.
This application includes an assessment that will be sent via e-mail once your application has been submitted. You have five (5) days to complete the assessment from the date of submitting your application. If you do not receive the e-mail, check your spam folder or reach out to AssessmentTeam@Denvergov.org.
We are currently hiring for Recreation Service Representatives for all our recreation centers.
Denver's Parks and Recreation Department boasts one of the most expansive and diverse park systems in the Rocky Mountain West offering: more than 350 urban parks and parkways, 8 golf courses, one of the largest skate parks in the region, 14,000 acres of mountain parks, the Buffalo Bill Museum and bison herd, and a Ropes Challenge Course. We also provide and manage 30 neighborhood recreation centers with 13 indoor and 16 outdoor pools that offer hundreds of affordable programs throughout the year to our community. You can learn more about Denver Parks and Recreation by visiting our home page
Recreation Services Representatives are an integral part of delivering top-notch services to the citizens of the City and County of Denver. As such, these positions will utilize their people skills and solution driven enthusiasm to understand and exceed customer expectations. Recreation Service Representatives provide leadership for the Front Desk team by coaching Recreation Assistants, and resolving various customer-related issues.
In addition, Recreation Service Representatives:
- Greet and communicate with recreation guests using F.A.C.E. philosophy (friendly, attentive, consistent, empowered) regarding recreation services and activities
- Handle difficult, sensitive, and escalated guest relations issues and act to resolve them
- Utilize membership management system to process membership sales and refunds, member transfers, activity registrations, and similar transactions
- Determine guest needs and provide appropriate information, or direct guest to the appropriate location and/or staff member for assistance
- Provide guests with information regarding membership and activity registrations; explain options and answer questions
- Complete monetary transactions including cash/check handling and credit card processing, issue ID cards, payment confirmations, receipts, and related transactions
- Maintain a clean and well-organized front desk, monitor and clean equipment for checkout, maintain and stock appropriate forms, flyers, and documents for front desk operations
- Monitor guest adherence to facility rules and guidelines, and report disruptive behavior to appropriate staff members
- Manage emergency situations such as evacuations, medical emergencies, suspicious activity or other unexpected situations
- Maintain various records such as inventory, activity reports, receipts, memberships, reservations and activity rosters
- Sort, distribute, and file a variety of correspondence materials and documents
- Follow established procedures/guidelines to open and/or close the Recreation Center
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and POS (Point of Sale) systems such as ActiveNet
- Prior experience working in recreation and with youth
- Previous experience working in a front desk/customer facing position
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Bilingual skills (preferred)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply unless you have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: One (1) year of customer service work in recreation, retail, hospitality or other related industry
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires certification in CPR and First Aid within six (6) months of hire date. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
CC2908 Recreation Services Representative
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$15.00 - $22.50
Parks and Recreation
Customer Service Agent: Non-Compliance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here