About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Application Process: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without notice.
Certified Water Fitness Instructors provide training and instruction in aquatics group fitness classes at various recreation centers throughout the City and County of Denver. Instructors are expected to provide a safe, educational and enjoyable experience for all class participants. This position is a great opportunity for those who enjoy aquatics and are looking to engage with Denver's community members.
- Instructs water fitness classes of roughly 45 minutes to 1 hour in duration per class at one or more Denver recreation center pools
- Creates enthusiastic and energetic class environments while providing specific emphasis on safety and proper execution of movements
- Keeps current on all certifications and industry practices
- Maintains attendance records for classes; distributes and collects class evaluations as requested
- Answers participant questions and resolves issues, problems and conflicts
- Maintains a clean and safe orderly work area
- By position, may complete lesson plans, incident report forms, time sheets, registration cards, and collect fees, where applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules. This position will work an average of 39 hours per week.About You
*Please be sure to detail the following experience/education in your application/resume/cover letter*
We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable about and conveys an enthusiasm for aquatics programming. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, patience and safety-conscious. Additionally, our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bilingual skills
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Experience instructing water fitness classes
We realize that your time is valuable so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience Requirement: None
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement
- License/Certifications: Certification as an instructor and/or trainer in yoga, step aerobics, kick boxing, boot camp, hip-hop, interval training, sports performance, strength training, Pilates, Zumba, indoor cycling, core conditioning or any fitness area by a nationally recognized organization. Requires certification in CPR/First Aid at the time of application or within six months hire date. Licensure and certification must be kept current as a condition of employment.
RG2111 Fitness Instructor Certified
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$20.10 - $27.64
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here