About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
This position will work at a variety of the 26 Library locations supporting the goal of customer service by ensuring that the library environment is clean, safe and prepared for customer and staff use. Responsibilities include routine manual work involving custodial duties, moving furniture in Library buildings, snow removal and some outdoor landscaping duties.About You
Our ideal candidate enjoys variety. This position will work at multiple branch locations, depending on the needs of the day. They also have:
- Knowledge of cleaning materials and the operation of custodial equipment.
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive manual tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding position with continuous bending, kneeling, and lifting of objects that can weigh up to 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to follow simple written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability or willingness to learn to use basic workplace technology including email and internet.
- Ability to pass a physical examination and a background check after the offer to hire has been made.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following minimum qualifications:
- A current Colorado driver's license with a good driving record.
- One-year of work experience in cleaning or janitorial services (preferred, not required).
- A high school diploma or equivalency (preferred, not required).
We anticipate this posting will close on Friday, August 13, 2021. Please submit an application at your earliest convenience in order to be considered.About Everything Else
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$15.00 - $22.50
$15.00 - $16.88 per hour
Denver Public Library
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here