About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
The Denver Public Library is hiring a Utility Worker I to support the our values of welcoming and connection by ensuring materials and buildings are ready for customers. This position will work in the Facilities Department supporting the goal of customer service at the 26 Library locations by separating, loading and delivering materials to various locations within the DPL system. The Utility Worker performs routine manual work such as minor repairs to buildings/furniture and snow removal. It is a very active, physically demanding position. About You
Our ideal candidate is ready to be a part of a team, who work together to prepare our materials and spaces for the public. This a great opportunity for someone looking to begin their career with the City and County of Denver. In addition, they have:
- Knowledge of traffic laws.
- Knowledge of correct lifting techniques.
- Knowledge of Denver's streets and highways.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in maintaining and inspecting vehicles.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding position with continuous lifting.
- Ability to work with a divers group of people.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve and be self motivating.
- Ability to demonstrate positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills in working with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to use basic workplace technology including email and internet.
- Ability to pass a physical examination and a background check after the offer to hire has been made.
We know your time is valuable. Please only apply if you meet the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalency (preferred, not required).
- Experience in operating a 14' single axle box type vehicle or similar delivery vehicle (preferred, not required).
- A current Colorado driver's license with a good driving record.
The schedule will be determined by the needs of the department and may be scheduled for graveyard hours
This opening will remain posted until filled. Please submit an application at your earliest convenience in order to be consideredAbout Everything Else
LJ2085 Utility Worker I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$16.85 - $25.28
$16.85 - $18.96 per hour, depending on qualifications
Denver Public Library
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here