About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested. This job application will close without further notice.
The City and County of Denver's Arts and Venues Department is seeking a Building Engineer to perform full performance level work in the daily operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repair for facilities, including utilizing automated control systems to monitor, adjust and control various electrical and mechanical building systems. This position will be responsible for the daily operation of, and periodic preventative maintenance on, a facility's mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems; including air handling units, Commercial and domestic cool and hot water systems, Experience with commercial kitchen equipment is a plus.
Arts & Venues is the City and County of Denver agency responsible for operating some of the region's most renowned facilities, including Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, the Denver Performing Arts Complex, Colorado Convention Center, Denver Coliseum and McNichols Civic Center Building. Arts & Venues also oversees the Denver Public Art Program, Create Denver, SCFD Tier III granting process, Arts Education Fund and other entertainment and cultural events such as the Five Points Jazz Festival, Urban Arts Fund, P.S. You Are Here and implementation of IMAGINE 2020: Denver's Cultural Plan. Denver Arts & Venues is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all our programs, initiatives and decision-making processes.
Additionally, the Building Engineer can expect too:
- Maintain and operate automated and mechanical environmental control systems, which includes monitoring and programming master controls, calibrating and coordinating sequencing of controls, overseeing and monitoring power supply systems, troubleshooting and diagnosing systems errors, and making corrections in order to maintain building and facility temperatures and environmental conditions.
- Maintain, operate, and repair building and facility equipment related to environmental control systems, which includes electrical and mechanical components, plumbing and sewage systems, heating and air conditioning systems, ventilation and air handling systems, cold and hot water systems, electrical and fuel operated generators, which includes fire protection and detection systems.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance based on operating procedures and regularly scheduled maintenance activities of equipment, and regularly inspects facilities, buildings, and grounds for unsafe or malfunctioning systems and conditions. Assist other trades personnel in the maintenance and repair of building and facility infrastructure and equipment, which includes the installation and modification of equipment.
- Plan and coordinate the maintenance and installation of major building and facility equipment repairs and related activities within a variety of specific trades areas, which includes the evaluation and recommendation of service upgrades.
- Respond to building and facility tenant complaints with regard to safety issues and environmental control conditions, which includes following up on work orders, and prioritizing service calls.
- Assist in coordinating maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians with regard to contracted service agreements.
- Provide input to supervisors and managers responsible for planning and controlling annual budgets.
- Order parts and supplies as required, maintains stock and inventory control.
- Operate and maintains tools and equipment common to various skilled trades.
- Maintain records and prepares reports, which includes estimating materials, labor, and equipment costs.
- Adhere to and observes all common safety practices and operating procedures.
- Perform snow removal duties.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance including experience with Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Completion of College or Technical School coursework in Building Operator Program, Engineering Technical Training, or a professional designation in facilities management may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- License/Certifications: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Requires either a valid journey certificate of qualification as required in trades specialty issued by the City and County of Denver or a valid journey license issued by the State of Colorado by the end of probationary period. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
CJ2732 Building Engineer I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$27.92 - $43.27
Based on education and experience
Arts & Venues Denver
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here