About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
The Denver Public Library is hiring a Security Officer to work at the Central Library in downtown Denver to help create positive experiences for library customers by maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and staff. You'll receive on the job training to develop skills and abilities related to the position, including certification in First Aid, CPR and in the usage of an AED, Narcan usage, defensive tactics and verbal de-escalation training.
The Denver Public Library's Security Department is a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. This gives us the flexibility to work with people with unique scheduling needs. This position is based at the Central Library, which only has pay to park options, but regular employees are eligible for a $10 a month ECO Pass. We provide uniforms and training to all of our officers to ensure they are well equipped for all situations.About You
Our ideal candidate has solid customer service background and is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment to everyone who uses the library. In addition, they have:
- Knowledge of loss prevention.
- Knowledge of security equipment.
- Skill in de-escalation and positive communication.
- Ability to exercise quick and mature judgment in dealing with potentially disruptive, abusive customers and emergencies.
- Ability to complete concise and grammatically correct reports.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to use basic workplace technology including email, internet and automated software.
- Ability to pass a physical examination and a background check after the offer to hire has been
- Ability to obtain an Unarmed Business Guard License issued by City/County of Denver.
We know your time is valuable. Please only apply if you meet the following requirements:
- One-year civilian or military experience in security, safety, loss prevention or law enforcement (related academic training, public relations skills or customer service experience may be considered as a substitute for direct security requirement).
- A high school diploma or equivalency.
- A current Colorado driver's license with a good driving record, or ability to obtain one within one year of hire.
We anticipate this posting will close on Friday, August 13, 2021. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience in order to be considered.About Everything Else
LN1926 Security Officer
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$15.00 - $22.50
$16.50 per hour
Denver Public Library
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here