About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position. This job application will close without further notice.
Arts & Venues is the City and County of Denver agency responsible for operating some of the region's most renowned facilities, including Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, the Denver Performing Arts Complex, Colorado Convention Center, Denver Coliseum and McNichols Civic Center Building. Arts & Venues also oversees the Denver Public Art Program, Create Denver, SCFD Tier III granting process, Arts Education Fund and other entertainment and cultural events such as the Five Points Jazz Festival, Urban Arts Fund, P.S. You Are Here and implementation of IMAGINE 2020: Denver's Cultural Plan. Denver Arts & Venues is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all our programs, initiatives and decision-making processes.
The City and County of Denver's Arts and Venues Department is seeking a Red Rocks/Denver Coliseum Maintenance Technician to perform standard, semi-skilled trades work in a variety of trades areas for the construction, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
Additionally, the Red Rocks/Denver Coliseum Maintenance Technician can expect too:
- Perform semi-skilled, unlicensed trades work on a regular basis in multiple trades areas including carpentry, glazing, tool machinery, masonry, mechanical maintenance, minor electrical, minor plumbing, and painting, etc.
- Perform maintenance, repair, and replacement of broken parts, such as toilets, faucets
- Install and repair floor tile, carpet, ceiling tile, window glass, insulation, dispensers, office furniture and related equipment.
- Inspect facilities and equipment to identify construction, maintenance and repair
- Participate in snow removal duties as assigned
- Assist skilled trades workers in the construction, maintenance and repair of a variety of machinery, equipment, and facility systems and structures knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, installation, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Review materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct objects, structures, and buildings.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience as a skilled trades helper or semi-skilled laborer performing a variety of duties requiring construction, mechanical, or facility maintenance skills.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements. Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements.
- License/Certifications: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
CJ2552 Maintenance Technician
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$21.28 - $31.92
Based on education and experience
Arts & Venues Denver
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here