SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increase on the following date:
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is open to the public for a minimum of five (5) business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (PST) on the day the needs of the County are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Transcripts must be attached when submitting application . RECRUITMENT/POSITION INFORMATION
This recruitment is being held to establish an Open eligible list to fill current and future vacancy within the Social Services Agency
(SSA) . This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange. SOCIAL SERVICES AGENCY
Administering a number of human services programs, the County of Orange
, Social Services Agency (SSA)
is comprised of four business divisions: Assistance Programs (AP); Children and Family Services (CFS); Family Self-Sufficiency and Adult Services (FSS-AS); and Administrative Services. SSA is responsible for planning, implementing, and operating many of the social services programs provided by the County of Orange. You can learn more about SSA by clicking here
. THE OPPORTUNITY
The Social Services Agency is seeking an accomplished Sr. Research Analyst who will supervise, coordinate and design research and evaluation projects, as well as analyze data, which includes collaboration with staff across all SSA. The selected individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing performance improvement projects; designing and selecting analysis methodologies; generating and validating reports with appropriate interpretation, findings, and recommendations for quality improvement to local and the State administrations; developing evaluation, statistical and analytical methods to collect and interpret field data, as well as recommending areas of improvement in order to meet performance objectives for each program; and supervising staff. Other key duties include, but are not limited to, providing oversight for data analytic development, organization, production, reporting, projects and publishing of results to respective managers. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in advanced research analytic principles and practices and will also possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in Statistics or behavioral sciences, such as Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a related field.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive experience and/or knowledge in the following competencies:TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Understanding of and hands-on experience with complex statistical analysis, research design, and methods of organizing information into reports, tables, charts, and graphs
- Conducting complex professional/technical research and analysis
- Applying arithmetic computations and mathematical formulas while working with field data
- Designing and conducting social services research and program evaluations, as well as quality improvement efforts
- Managing large quantities of data and multi-level outcomes across diverse programs with attention to detail regarding data accuracy, quality and integrity
- Analyzing, interpreting and reporting program/participant data for various audiences
- Utilizing SPSS, SAS, or other statistical software to perform complex statistical analysis
- Utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI, and ArcGIS
PROBLEM SOLVING | ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- Holding self and staff accountable for high-quality and timely work
- Setting work priorities, delegating work, and evaluating the work performance of staff
- Maintaining excellent interpersonal relationships with staff, including internal and external partners
- Providing technical guidance to support staff in assembling statistical analysis and reporting
- Guiding and encouraging staff to achieve division goals and objectives
- Taking charge of projects and/or committees with a high degree of self-motivation
- Working independently with minimal supervision
- Detecting, evaluating and identifying program issues, and generating alternative solutions to make recommendations that meet business needs
- Integrating information from diverse sources to support sound decision-making
- Balancing a large number of projects and consistently delivering timely and accurate results while addressing changing priorities
- Selecting appropriate performance measures and outcomes to track and measure results using independent judgment
- Producing written information in a clear, concise, organized and convincing manner for the intended audience using correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Expressing information effectively, making clear and convincing oral presentations, listening to others by being attentive to nonverbal cues, and responding appropriately
- Building and maintaining productive working relationships with various levels of management, peers, and staff
- Disseminating information in a logical manner using tact and discretion to explain research methodologies to various types of audiences
- Translating complex or nuanced analysis into clear and actionable findings
to learn more about the minimum qualifications for the Senior Research Analyst classification. SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (For SSA candidates only)
Candidates will be required to undergo a background clearance check and must successfully clear prior to the start of their employment. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Areas considered in the background check include conviction history, employment history, professional references and education verification (i.e. degree, license, or official transcripts) if applicable. Foreign degrees require an evaluation of U.S. equivalency by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Services (N.A.C.E.S.) - In addition, a Child Abuse Central Index (CACI) background clearance check may be required. CACI is a repository of child abuse investigation reports managed by the Department of Justice (DOJ) that contains information related to substantiated cases of physical abuse, sexual abuse, mental/emotional abuse, and/or severe neglect of a child RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify the most qualified applicants. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All candidates will be notified via email of their status in the process. Completion of a background investigation to the satisfaction of the County may be required.ApplicationScreening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all applications and supplemental responses to identify candidates with qualities that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those candidates that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step. Resumes will not be accepted and/or screened in lieu of applications during the application screening step, therefore, you will need to demonstrate your qualifications on your application. Application Appraisal Panel | Application Rating (Weighted 100%)
An Application Appraisal Panel (AAP) of job knowledge experts will thoroughly screen and evaluate all application materials for job knowledge, competencies, and related experience described above. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to be detailed and thorough in demonstrating your qualifications . Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All applicants will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure. Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see below for important information regarding COVID 19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with any State or County Public Health Orders which may apply as follows:
- Workers who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, may be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing .
- Workers who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, may be required to provide proof of vaccination . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted worker will be required to mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Order. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position.EMAIL NOTIFICATION
Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account. NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Dori Edles at (714) 245-6084 or Teodora.Edles@ssa.ocgov.com.
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous