PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING PROGRAM MANAGER (ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER II)
This position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.0% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following dates:
Effective July 1, 2022 - 0.5% decrease
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This recruitment is open
to the public for a minimum of five (5) business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (PST)
on the day the needs of the County are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
This recruitment is being held to establish an open
eligible list to fill current and future Administrative Manager II vacancies with this specialty. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange. There are currently two vacancies for Administrative Manager II with this specialty. THE COUNTY
The County of Orange
is a regional service provider and planning agency whose core businesses include public safety, public health, environmental protection, regional planning, public assistance, social services and aviation.THE AGENCY Health Care Agency (HCA)
is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the leadership of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of seven service areas - Administrative and Financial, Strategy and Special Projects, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Office of Care Coordination, Medical Health and Public Health - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.THE DIVISION
The Community and Nursing Services Division
works with individuals, families and community groups to promote health and to identify at-risk populations in need of public health nursing services. Public Health Nurses perform comprehensive nursing assessments, link clients to appropriate medical and social services based on identified needs, and provide health education. The Division promotes the health and well-being of all infants, children, parents and families in Orange County. To achieve our mission, Community and Nursing Services collaborates with a range of community organizations and health professionals; provides leadership in the development of community resources, linkages and partnerships; and offers integrated quality health care services.THE OPPORTUNITIES
Reporting to the Community and Nursing Services Division Manager, the Program Manager position, is responsible for the management of assigned Community and Nursing Services Division services and staff. The target populations may include pregnant and parenting high-risk women, medically high-risk infants, homeless individuals, those with chronic diseases, and medical providers. The position's direct report may include Supervising Public Health Nurses, Program Supervisors, Office Supervisors, Behavioral Health Clinicians, Research Analysts, and shared support staff. The position helps manage a budget of approximately $20 million.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to direct reports through project consultation, work plan implementation and manage performance of staff
- Serve as part of the Division Management Team in building a strong, cohesive, inclusive and responsive team
- Assist with programs' budgets
- Strengthen community partnerships
- Make program and policy recommendations
- Develop and implement of program guidelines, policies and procedures
The Social Services Nursing Programs Manager (one position) is responsible for the following programs:
- Early Childhood System of Care (ECSOC): PHNs in ECSOC work with SSA staff to address the health and developmental needs of the children ages 0-5 entering the Child Welfare System. PHNs provide intensive case management to ensure that children have developmental screenings, a primary care provider, primary dental services, and linkages to other community resources to maximize their potential. The Children and Families Commission of Orange County helps to support this Program.
- Emergency Response Public Health Nursing: PHNs work closely with Child Protective Services to provide nursing consultations, and joint home or field visits with Senior Social Workers to assess the health and developmental conditions of the children being reported for suspected child abuse or neglect. PHNs provide health assessments and consultations which are crucial to social services staff in planning for these children.
- Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care (HCPCFC): PHNs work with Social Services Agency (SSA) staff to ensure the health care needs of foster children are met. PHNs provide coordination of care, case management, consultation services and home visitation to meet the challenging medical needs of these vulnerable children.
The Adult Nursing Programs Manager (one position) is responsible for the following programs:
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs): In collaboration with the Social Services Agency, assist Welfare to Work participants by providing resources and case management to support health care, nutritional, developmental, psychosocial, and safety needs.
- Comprehensive Health Assessment Team for the Homeless (CHAT-H): PHNs assist homeless families and individuals who have unmet healthcare needs by providing resources and case management to clients in parks, shelters, soup kitchens, and motels. The goal is to link clients to health insurance and medical care, assist them in overcoming barriers and link them with supportive services to meet health, safety, and psychosocial needs. Assistance with obtaining medical insurance and flu vaccinations are also provided at sites where the homeless gather. Tobacco Settlement Revenue helps to support this Program.
- In Home Support Services (IHSS): In collaboration with the Social Services Agency, assess, evaluate and document the complex medical needs of the IHSS cases with paramedical services and consult with medical doctors regarding appropriateness of time and services ordered.
The Adult Nursing Program Manager will also hold primary responsibility for the administrative services staff that support division operations.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
A Master's Degree or higher in Nursing, Public Health, or a closely related field is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will possess management level experience that demonstrates strong knowledge and expertise in the following core competencies:Public Health Knowledge | Experience
Leadership | Managerial Skills
- Understanding a broad range of public health nursing management, including data analysis, supervision, and program planning and evaluation
- Developing strategies for advancing efficient and effective programs and completing projects in a timely, fiscally responsible, and innovative manner
- Measuring the effectiveness of nursing interventions and communicating this to staff, colleagues, superiors, and funders; and modifying plans as needed to ensure successful outcomes
Relationship Building | Effective Communication Skills
- Guiding and directing others toward meeting organizational objectives while encouraging openness, creativity, and innovation
- Working cooperatively with executive management in identifying goals, priorities and tactics
- Implementing policies and procedures consistently; delegating appropriately, and using accountability measures fairly
- Provide oversight and day-to-day supervision and guidance to direct reports.
- Aligning team and individual goals to meet and execute organizational goals.
- Communicating verbally and in writing to accurately and appropriately convey information to different target audiences
- Creating rapport and communicating expectations to staff clearly
- Promoting information sharing across the division, and encouraging integration of service delivery
- Building consensus among diverse groups for the purpose of meeting business objectives
to learn more about the minimum qualifications for the Administrative Manager II
classification as well as the physical and mental requirements and the environmental and working conditions.SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires an active Registered Nurse License and Public Health Nurse Certification issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified applicants. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the competition.Application Screening | Application Rating (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Structured Oral Interview |SOI (Weighted 100%)
Applicants will be interviewed and rated by an oral interview panel of job knowledge experts. Each applicant's rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the applicant's qualifications for the job.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.Veterans Employment Preference Policy (VEPP)
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see below for important information regarding COVID 19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with any State or County Public Health Orders which may apply as follows:
- Workers who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, may be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing .
- Workers who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, may be required to provide proof of vaccination . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted worker will be required to mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Order. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position. EMAIL NOTIFICATION Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Keren Duran
at (714) 834-5292 or email@example.com
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous