DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-ELY STATE PRISON Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 33 Salary Range:
$47,188.80 - $69,739.20 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
ADRIAN L FOSTER Phone:
702 486-2911 Email:
Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVACR) Specialist's perform skilled work in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
The HVACR II will be directly under the supervision of the Facility Supervisor III and will be working directly with inmates. The incumbent will be operating and performing preventative maintenance on Air Conditioning Systems; Refrigeration/Heat Transfer Systems; Air Handlers; Kitchen Equipment and Auxiliary Components; will monitor vacuum indication instruments, oil levels and temperatures, set time clocks, lubricate rotating equipment and perform water quality and air balance tests; and will be troubleshooting control and equipment malfunctions, repairing inoperable equipment, installing, fabricating and retrofitting equipment and components to update systems or replace obsolete or worn parts. Logs will be kept of system operating conditions and prepare maintenance reports in order to track system maintenance, repairs and associated costs.
The HVACR II will observe safe practices at all times, observe safety of self, others; ensure the care of Department property, equipment and vehicles; and follow Department accident reporting procedures. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Completion of a recognized HVACR apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey level experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment; OR one year of experience as a HVACR Specialist I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- This position requires the incumbent to be EPA certified to recover refrigerant and recharge equipment.
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Nevada