DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-FAC FOR MENTAL OFFENDER Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$55,958.40 - $83,394.72 Recruiter:
ANA MARIA ORNELLAS Phone:
775 684-0151 Email:
Clinical Social Workers provide clinical services to clients/inmates in a residential, home, inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation, correctional or similar setting.
Lake's Crossing Center (LCC), a maximum-security forensic facility/psychiatric hospital for mentally disordered offenders, located in Sparks, Nevada is recruiting for two Clinical Social Worker 2 positions. LCC's primary focus of treatment is to provide competency evaluation and restoration for court ordered clients. LCC also provides treatment and monitors clients who are adjudicated as not guilty by reason of insanity and non-restorable clients, who are committed to LCC by the courts. Duties include participating on a multidisciplinary treatment team, conducting psycho-educational groups, completing social history assessments, treatment planning, discharge planning, coordinating and communicating with the courts and officers of the courts, and completing competency evaluations regarding misdemeanor level charges for both inpatient and outpatient clients. The environment requires a high level of security awareness as well as the physical stamina or ability to deal with maladaptive and aggressive clients.
Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. However, depending on the needs of the agency hours may vary and include on-call evenings and weekend shifts. The State of Nevada provides an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), yearly accrual of 15 days of annual and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays. Nevada does not have a state income tax and state employees do not contribute to social security.
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker by the Board of Examiners for Social Workers.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays is required.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe