PSYCHIATRIC NURSE 1 UNDERFILL FOR PSYCHIATRIC NURSE 2 - Requisition ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date:
1650 COMMUNITY COLLEGE DR(LV0147) Geographical Location:
Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson Department:
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-SO NEV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$55,958.40 - $83,394.72 Recruiter:
NICOLE PEEK Phone:
775 684-0129 Email:
Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health (SNAMHS) is recruiting for a Psychiatric Nurse 1 at Rawson Neal Hospital, Las Vegas, Nevada. This recruitment may be used to underfill a Psychiatric Nurse 2 position. Advancement to the higher level may occur after meeting the minimum qualifications, satisfactory performance, and endorsement of the appointing authority.
Psychiatric Nurses provide professional nursing care to individuals with developmental delays, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities or social, emotional and/or behavioral disorders, in an institution or out-patient setting in accordance with the authorized scope of practice specified in the Nurse Practice Act.
Dynamic work responsibilities include assessing and identifying patient health care needs; making comprehensive clinical observations and evaluations; prepare nursing care plans; administering medications as prescribed by a physician or designee; and monitoring patients for medication side effects and/or allergic reaction. The position will also provide crisis intervention; help develop safety plan recommendations for patients; actively participate in a multidisciplinary team managing a wide variety of patients and diagnoses; and ensure compliance with CMS standards, as well as established laws, regulations and SNAMHS policies.
This is a full-time position that may include weekend and holiday shifts. Incumbents will be working an innovative variable schedule with overtime after 40 hours in a week. Some positions may be eligible for an additional 5% Shift Differential pay. SNAMHS provides continual on-going training and education to our staff, including paid release time for attending approved trainings and the availability of on-site CEUs.
Incumbent must keep license, CPR certification, and Nevada Driver's License current.
**THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. **
To see the full Class Specification visit: https://hr.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/hrnvgov/Content/Resources/ClassSpecs/10/10-352spc(1).pdf
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse and one year of professional nursing experience; OR one year of experience as a Registered Nurse I in Nevada State service caring for individuals with mental illness, developmental disabilities or intellectual disabilities; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- CPR certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A Bachelor's degree from an approved school of professional nursing, pursuant to NRS 632, is equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas