DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-CORRECTIONAL PROGRAMS Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 37 Salary Range:
$55,958.40 - $83,394.72 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
GINA E. MICK Phone:
775 684-0107 Email:
Mental Health Counselors provide counseling, case management, direct clinical services, community and home based services, and behavioral and human services to mentally ill, developmentally disabled and/or emotionally disturbed clients in an outpatient, residential, community or similar setting. Under supervision, incumbents design, develop and present correctional programs to inmates; provide clinical treatment to individuals and groups in assigned units of a facility; evaluate all emergency or crisis requests; provide intervention strategy or treatment plan; collect and report data; and participate in interdisciplinary classification committee and treatment team meetings.
This position is located at Lovelock Correctional Center, in Lovelock, Nevada.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology, social work or closely related academic field and two years of post-master's degree professional mental health counseling experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and clinical experience at or above a Master's degree and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno