DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-SO NEV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 43 Salary Range:
$72,871.20 - $109,849.68 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
LISA D FRIEND Phone:
775 684-0110 Email:
Mid-Level Practitioners may be either Advanced Practice Registered Nurses or Physician Assistants who provide medical care. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
This position supports SOUTHERN NEVADA ADULT MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES (SNAMHS). Our Agency's mission is to help adults with mental illness improve their quality of life. At SNAMHS, we are committed to developing innovative programs and service delivery to a diverse patient population. Through a multidisciplinary team approach, we provide evidence-based inpatient and outpatient mental health services for the Southern Nevada community. Advanced Practitioners of Registered Nursing (APRN) work within the scope of practice of an APRN as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Chapter 632 of the Nevada Revised Statutes and Administrative Code. Physician Assistants (PA) provide primary medical care in accordance with approved medical protocols as allowed under the supervising physician's scope of practice and Nevada Revised Statutes.
The position will assess and evaluate broad spectrum of psychiatric conditions using knowledge and skill in completing initial psychiatric evaluation, formulating differential diagnosis and treatment plan consistent with professional guidelines and community standards of care; prescribe pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, and make timely and appropriate referrals to other specialists; ensure compliance with Joint Commission and CMS standards, as well as established laws, regulations and SNAMHS policies and procedures. This is a full-time position. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant; OR current licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and/or Basic Life Support is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Current certification of registration or license to prescribe from the Nevada Board of Pharmacy is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this series must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Licensure to prescribe controlled substances from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Current licensure by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners as a Physician Assistant; licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas