DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-NNV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH SVC Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$51,281.00 - $76,170.24 Recruiter:
NICOLE PEEK Phone:
775 684-0129 Email:
Under general supervision of a higher-level nurse, physician, or Mid-Level Practitioner, Registered Nurses provide general or specialized professional nursing care in accordance with the authorized scope of practice specified in the Nurse Practice Act.
Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services is recruiting for multiple Nurse 1 vacancies in the Reno/Sparks area at Dini-Townsend Hospital. This recruitment may be used to underfill a Psychiatric Nurse 2 position. This is the trainee level in the series, advancement to the next level may occur after meeting the minimum qualifications, satisfactory performance, and with endorsement from the appointing authority. Responsibilities include providing professional nursing care to mentally ill individuals in a hospital; identifying patient's care requirements; preparing nursing assessments and treatment plans; participating as an integral member of the treatment team; administering medication; designing and delivering educational programming; and assuming responsibility for patient health and well-being. Incumbent must be capable and willing to work any regularly assigned shift, including night shift.
The State of Nevada provides an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), yearly accrual of annual leave and sick leave, plus 11 paid holidays. THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Under immediate supervision, incumbents acquire skills and experience in performing the duties outlined in the series concept. To see full Class Specification visit: https://hr.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/hrnvgov/Content/Resources/ClassSpecs/10/10-352spc(1).pdf
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse; OR an Interim Permit issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- CPR certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe