Department: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Division: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Business Unit: HR-ELY STATE PRISON
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 28
Salary Range: $38,314.80 - $55,958.40
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: DARRELL MORLAN
Phone: 775 684-0126
The Driver Warehouse Worker II works under the supervision of the Supply Tech III and consults with them on a regular basis. The incumbent accepts deliveries of supplies and equipment; verifies deliveries against invoices; reports any damaged items; examines produce upon receipt for freshness; keeps a log for all UPS deliveries; delivers food, office supplies, equipment, etc., to Ely State Prison (ESP) and conservation camps; ensures all trucks are loaded and secure; check the load against shipping receipts to ensure all items are accounted for; and will have receiver re-inventory shipment and sign shipping receipt.
The incumbent will be working with and supervising inmate workers, including monitoring their work performance for evaluations and reporting infractions of established rules and regulations pertaining to inmates. They will ensure that all warehouse keys and tools are accounted for and that lost keys or tools are reported immediately.
This position works Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with Saturday and Sunday off.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
- One year of commercial freight delivery experience which included responsibilities for loading freight and operating a Class A commercial motor vehicle; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- This position requires a valid Nevada Class A Commercial Driver's license.
- Some positions may require double/triple trailer endorsement, hazardous materials endorsement and/or qualifications to drive an over-length combination vehicle.
- Travel more than 50% of the time is required.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances. In addition, federal law requires random testing for controlled substances during employment.
- Driver Warehouse Workers are required to possess a valid commercial driver's license with appropriate endorsements at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Nevada