DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-NNV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH SVC Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 37 Salary Range:
$55,958.40 - $83,394.72 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
ANA MARIA ORNELLAS Phone:
775 684-0151 Email:
Mental Health Counselors provide counseling, case management, direct clinical services, community and home based services, and behavioral and human services to mentally ill, developmentally disabled and/or emotionally disturbed clients in an outpatient, residential, community or similar setting. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This position is located at the Northern Nevada Mental Health Services' Medication Clinic and supports all Outpatient Services. The position will be responsible for providing counseling, case management, and direct clinical services to clients with Serious Mental Illness serviced by the Medication Clinic and will support all other outpatient services, including Assisted Outpatient Treatment program, Intensive Service Coordination, Community Diversion, residential services, and General Service Coordination. While it is expected that most services are delivered in the office, there is the opportunity to provide services to clients in the community to better serve clients.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology, social work or closely related academic field and two years of post-master's degree professional mental health counseling experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and clinical experience at or above a Master's degree and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays is required.
- Licensure or certification as a Mental Health Counselor, Certified Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, or Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor issued by the appropriate licensing or certification authority is required at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Moderate travel is required.
Reno Nearest Secondary Market: