Department: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Division: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Business Unit: HR-SO DESERT CORRECTIONAL CTR
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 32
Salary Range: $45,142.56 - $66,628.08
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: ADRIAN L FOSTER
Phone: 702 486-2911
Electricians perform skilled electrical work to maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment. T his opportunity is located at Southern Desert Correctional Center in Indian Springs, NV. Electrician II candidates will be expected to have the skills and experience to perform routine electrical repairs, including, but not limited to, low and high voltage replacement of controls components, switches, outlets and other electrical fixtures; lighting repair, control systems repair and diagnostics; cable testing and replacement, conduit installation and repair and other electric systems diagnostics and repairs. This position may function as a lead worker for an inmate crew to require completion of performance reports and responsibility for security procedures and accountability for assigned inmates, staff, tools and equipment. Experience in a correctional setting is preferred but not required.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
- Completion of a recognized electrician apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey-level electrician experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas