DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-FAC FOR MENTAL OFFENDER Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$76,170.24 - $115,090.56 Recruiter:
LISA D FRIEND Phone:
775 684-0110 Email:
Licensed Psychologists provide psychological testing, evaluation, psychotherapy, counseling, and consultation to clients or inmates in residential, inpatient and outpatient settings, at a mental health, intellectual disabilities, or correctional facility, or in other settings where psychological services are provided. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
Lakes Crossing Center, a maximum security forensic psychiatric hospital in Sparks, Nevada is recruiting for a Licensed Psychologist I position. The mission of Lakes Crossing Center is to provide forensic mental health services to mentally disordered offenders referred by the court system for evaluation of their competency to stand trial and/or treated to restore competency. The psychologists at Lakes Crossing Center provide both direct and indirect client services. Duties include: psychological testing and competency evaluation, psychotherapy, counseling, and consultation, treatment planning and coordination of clients or inmates in residential, inpatient, outpatient and/or community settings. Professional duties are performed in accordance with license requirements of the State of Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners.
This recruitment will be used to fill multiple vacancies for both full-time and part-time positions. Full-time positions work Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Part-time position hours vary based on agency needs. For all poisitions, hours may vary and include evenings and weekends depending on the needs of the agency. The work environment requires a high level of awareness and security, as well as the ability to deal with maladaptive and aggressive clients.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- One year of post-doctoral experience in providing psychological services in an inpatient, outpatient or residential setting.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
- Some positions require work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Licensed Psychologist I's and Licensed Psychologist II's must possess current licensure as a Psychologist issued by the State of Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners at the time of appointment and maintain licensure as a condition of continuing employment.
Reno Nearest Secondary Market: