Department: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Division: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Business Unit: HR-PREDATORY ANIMAL/RODENT CON
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 25
Salary Range: $33,971.76 - $49,151.52
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: SUSAN QUINN ASHLEY
Phone: 775 684-0106
This position is located with Predatory Animal and Rodent Control (PARC) program, with the Nevada Department of Agricultural Animal Industry Division in Eureka. The incumbent uses wildlife management and control techniques such as surveying, documenting, tracking, trapping and/or eradicating of predatatory animals, property destroying birds, nuisance animals, and rodents in order to protect livestock, wildlife, and to reduce the economic losses caused by these predators to livestock producers and the citizens of the state.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-1_0//
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and one year of experience in predatory animal and rodent control including tracking, locating and identifying predators or rodent species; setting traps and lures; applying pesticides; and destroying predators and pest; OR one year of experience as a Field Assistant I (PARC) in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
∗ New hires will be required to obtain Nevada Restricted Use Pesticide Certification within 60 days.
∗ Incumbents will be required to follow disease sampling and reporting protocols.
∗ Incumbents will be required to successfully complete firearms training after appointment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- This position is subject to working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Restricted use Pesticide Applicator's Certificate is required as an ongoing condition of employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Nevada