DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-CALIENTE YOUTH CENTER Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 31 Salary Range:
$43,346.88 - $63,746.64 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
Group Supervisors perform duties involving the education, employment, training, treatment, care and custody of juvenile offenders residing within a State Youth Training Center; maintain comprehensive records of assigned youths' program activities; and provide individual guidance pursuant to State or federal laws and regulations.
The Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) is recruiting for Group Supervisor II positions at the Caliente Youth Center (CYC) located in Caliente, NV. CYC is a 64 bed staff secure facility providing services to male and female youth ages 12-18. Group Supervisor II's provide direct care to clients by interacting, supervising, and directing all activities through the course of assigned shifts. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-12_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling and guidance, human services, social services, education, criminal justice or closely related field and one year of experience working with the public or clients which included coordinating or supervising work, people, or activities in a custodial, employment program, therapeutic, educational, recreational program or correctional setting; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of experience working with the public or clients; one year which included coordinating or supervising work, people, or activities in a custodial, employment program, therapeutic, educational, recreational program or correctional setting; OR one year as a Group Supervisor I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license is required at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Per NAC 284.317, applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- As a condition of appointment and continuing employment, positions are subject to call-back, overtime on short notice, stand-by status, and may require work on evenings, weekends, or holidays.
- Pursuant to NRS 62B.270 and the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act, applicants must submit to a criminal and child abuse background check and said background must be clear of any disqualifying offenses.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, all positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must first submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for fingerprinting.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas