Department: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Division: DPS-HIGHWAY PATROL
Business Unit: HR-NEVADA HIGHWAY PATROL
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 31
Salary Range: $43,346.88 - $63,746.64
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: KENNETH R SCHULZ
Phone: 775 684-0147
The Nevada Highway Patrol Division (NHP) is recruiting for a Equipment Mechanic II for the Reno shop. Equipment Mechanics maintain, diagnose, repair, and modify fleet equipment comprised of a variety of light, medium, and heavy automotive equipment and diesel-fueled electric power generators. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training. The majority of the work will be on light duty vehicles comprised of Ford Explorers, F150s, and Dodge Chargers. Trade school and/or dealership experience is preferred but not required. The applicant does not need a 1G Emissions Inspector license at the time of hire but will need to obtain one within the first year of employment. The assigned shift will be five 8 hours days; day shift or possibly swing shift. Necessary tools and uniform shirts and pants are supplied.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
- Completion of a recognized automotive/equipment repair apprenticeship program; OR completion of the Equipment Mechanic-In-Training program in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- This position may require work on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe