DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE Division:
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE Business Unit:
HR-CONSUMER EQUITIBILITY Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 31 Salary Range:
$43,346.88 - $63,746.64 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
This is a Weights & Measures Inspector 2 position located in Sparks, NV. Weights and Measures Inspectors inspect all commercial weighing and measuring devices, enforce applicable regulations and sample gasoline and fuel for quality, in order to protect the economic interests of consumers and merchants in the State of Nevada. Additional duties include checking the net content of package goods, price verification, regulating method of advertising and sale of commodities. The incumbent will respond to all documented complaints regarding applicable devices and advertised pricing. Under general supervision, incumbents perform the full range of duties in the Weights & Measures Inspector series concept. The incumbent's job duties are performed almost entirely in the field, which requires extensive travel throughout the assigned territory, including overnight stays up to 25% of the time. This may include 5 business days travel for training outside of the State of Nevada. A 4 ten-hour shift schedule is possible for this position.
**Because of the CDL requirement of this position, Federal Law requires random screening of controlled substances throughout the course of employment. **
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-1_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in science, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or a closely related field and one year of experience in the inspection, maintenance or installation of mechanical or electrical equipment which included weighing and/or measuring devices and applying weights and measures regulations; OR Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in science, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or a closely related field and two years of experience as described above; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of experience as described above; OR one year of experience as a Weights and Measures Inspector I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Positions in this series must be able to obtain and maintain applicable professional certifications issued by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the National Conference on Weights and Measures (NCWM) as a condition for continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A valid Class A commercial driver's license is required within 1 year of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe