ADJUTANT GENERAL Division:
ADJUTANT GENERAL & NATIONAL GUARD Business Unit:
HR-MILITARY Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 33 Salary Range:
$47,188.80 - $69,739.20 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
ADRIAN L FOSTER Phone:
702 486-2911 Email:
Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVACR) Specialist's perform skilled work in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
Primary duties will include: Supply skilled heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration support. Troubleshoot and/or replace equipment or components to HVAC and refrigeration equipment. Apply knowledge of HVAC service practices and procedures and a specific knowledge of the building equipment, utilizing standard test equipment and hand tools. Use and read equipment drawings, refrigerant recovery equipment, combustion analyzer, vacuum pumps and other equipment need to accomplish job. Respond to service calls. Ensure systems are running properly. Apply technical assistance, monitoring job progress to ensure compliance with proper standards, codes and time frames. Perform system maintenance on low and high pressure steam and hot water boilers, fuel and combustion systems, forced air furnaces, radiant heaters, chillers, window air conditioning units, evaporative coolers and refrigeration units. Diagnose malfunctions of equipment. Initiate work orders for any non-scheduled or emergency repair. Review all work orders assigned to department. Act as lead co-worker for HVAC staff. Assist with the upkeep of building maintenance by assisting other skilled trades as directed by Supervisor. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Completion of a recognized HVACR apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey level experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment; OR one year of experience as a HVACR Specialist I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- This position requires the incumbent to be EPA certified to recover refrigerant and recharge equipment.
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Elko