Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under direction, supervises and directs a specialized area within the total City's recreation program, or a specialized type of recreation activity, and performs related work as required. Assignment Location:
Brenton Skating Plaza - ice skating rink. This position will require skating on the ice.Duration of work assignment is weather-dependent and may run from November to March. Deadline :
Application are accepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions. Acceptable Experience and Training
Required Special Qualifications
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED;
- Must be 18 years of age.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Current certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid, and/or an applicable, valid driver's license is required when work assignment requires said certification and/or involves driving a vehicle.
- Passing of a background check and pre-employment physical and drug screen is required prior to hire.
- Leads assigned activities and supervises others in leading activities;
- Trains staff in leadership techniques, methods of activity planning, safety and public relations;
- Works closely with other recreation staff to assure the proper development of assigned activities;
- Organizes and supervises one or more activities such as summer playground programs, aquatics programs, day camps, trips, arts and cultural activities, nature activities, sports and games, special population, senior activities or special events;
- Recruits and trains staff and volunteers to assist with program implementation, lead programs and ensure safety of participants;
- Tracks participation statistics;
- Maintains necessary records and submits required reports
Closing Date/Time: 11/15/2021 5:00 PM Central