Salary: $11.41 - $15.97 Hourly USD
Job Summary This position is for the Waggin' Wagon Off-site intern.Looking for a college student to work 19 hours per week - working every Saturday and Sunday is required (off-site events are scheduled on those days). Other hours will be scheduled throughout the week Tuesday through Friday. Essential Job Functions
- Design marketing materials for Animal Services including brochures, fliers, posters, direct mail publications, social media updates, newsletters, signage and website updates in coordination with the City's Marketing Department to create or coordinate a marketing campaign for adoption events. Attend weekly events with the Prairie Paws Waggin' Wagon.
- Events: May plan and implement event details for campaigns, adoption events, public outreach for donations or education, etc. May involve scheduling locations for events, coordinating volunteers, creating materials, coordinating with staff, preparing animals and pictures, making reservations, preparing invitations as well as thank you cards, and all arrangements to ensure a smooth, productive, purposeful, error free event.
- Perform departmental specific functions by attending to the animals in the shelter and on the Adoption Waggin' Wagon. Cleaning and disinfecting kennels and cages, litter boxes, feeding utensils, etc. Launder animal bedding and towels, sweeping and mopping floors, removing trash and any animal waste as needed.
- Assists with public with adoptions and performs adoption procedures; i.e.: helping and talking with adopters to complete paperwork; recording animal and adopter information in computer system, etc.
- Preparing reports, handling money, filing, and typing various correspondences as requested and approved by management at Prairie Paws Adoption Center
Waggin' Wagon Essential Duties:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED and currently enrolled in an accredited university. Preferred fields of study are communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, event planning or animal science.
- Help with Waggin' Wagon mobile adoption trailer EVERY Saturday and Sunday. Week days may be required as needed.
- Manage the Waggin' Wagon Adoption Trailer appearances on our website.
- Provide humane treatment to all animals.
- Assist with other off-site events, as needed.
- Ensures adoption area and Waggin Wagon adoption trailer are cleaned and maintained at all times.
- Maintains and updates supplies for Waggin' Wagon.
- This job will require working indoors and outdoors.
- This job may require working in the heat, cold, or rain.
- This job will require cleaning up after animals.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing for prolonged periods of time; ability to lift 50 pounds (heavy, moderate or light lifting) or more and ability to walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned
Closing Date/Time: 11/1/2021 5:00 PM Central
11/1/2021 5:00 PM Central
Grand Prairie, Texas