The City of Grand Prairie is looking for an innovative and progressive Licensed Civil Engineer to manage the Stormwater Utility Department.
Conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth, Grand Prairie is the 15th largest city in Texas and in the top 150 nationwide. With a population of 194,543, Grand Prairie offers relaxation, family fun and friendly neighborhoods. Just five minutes south of DFW International Airport, the city enjoys easy access to anywhere and everywhere on Interstates 20 and 30, State Highways 161 and 360, Loop 12 and Spur 303. Grand Prairie stretches 30 miles long by 8 miles wide and covers 81 square miles. Essential Job Functions
- Manages Stormwater Utility staff responsible for Stormwater Construction Site Investigation, Private Development Civil Review (DRC to Construction), and Permit review for Engineering/Drainage/Floodplain.
- Manages and assist staff review of plans and permits providing design input to private development consultants; visiting the site during construction; investigation of complaints and provide direction to private development consultants regarding City Requirements.
- Serve as the Flood plain Administrator and Community Rating System (CRS) Coordinator, in charge of the Federal Emergency Management Agency's National Flood Insurance Program. This position is also responsible for the review of Hydrology and Hydraulic Studies for submittal to FEMA for CLOMRs, LOMR's and other required submittals including those to the Corps of Engineers, to satisfy City, State and Federal requirements.
- Familiarity with HEC, HMS, RAS, and other related computer software. Help prepare, obtain, and administrator grants related to Drainage projects. Assist with forecasting and evaluation of flooding and other hazards.
- Provides design input for Storm Drainage Capital Improvement Projects to consultants, working with CIP Project Managers for projects containing Stormwater Utility funds.
- Assisting citizen questions and concerns and interacting with other City Departments.
- Require a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- Registration by the State of Texas as a licensed professional Engineer.
- Certified Floodplain Manager
- Four (4) years of post-registration experience as a licensed professional engineer.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License.
- Knowledge of Theory, principles, and practices of Civil engineering.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office latest edition.
- Effective communication skills in oral and written forms.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task different functions
- Ability to demonstrate good analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Receive general direction: The employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. Performance is reviewed periodically.
Closing Date/Time: 10/22/2021 5:00 PM Central