The Lifeguard will protect the lives of the general public by sitting on the stand, scanning the water, observing patron's activities and enforcing pool rules and regulations. Other duties include ensuring the sanitation of water conditions, providing customer service, setting up facilities for special events and interacting with City employees and the general public.
Thepurpose of this position is to supervise more areas in the recreationalfacility, The Summit. This is accomplished by maintaining the interiorfacilities; being knowledgeable of the operations of the facility; developingand implementing recreational programs; and maintaining communication for thefacility. Other duties include handling cash and closing the cashregister; and interacting with other City employees and citizens. Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations; monitoring activities and providing assistance when necessary.
- Responds to all emergencies providing First Aid, CPR, and AED care.
- Provides service to the general public by coaching swimming lessons; scanning the water to monitor activities; informing customers of upcoming events and answering inquiries.
- Prepares facilities for special events by setting up tables and chairs and decorating.
- Maintains the interior of facilities by removing trash from floors by sweeping and mopping; organizing office and equipment area; submitting reports for repairs or needed equipment as needed; cleaning and organizing storage area; cleaning the restroom and work areas.
- Oversees the operations of the facility by supervising hallway; handing out equipment; directing customers to the proper location; promotes programs to patrons; performing record keeping; updating class records daily; and overseeing distribution of paperwork such as disclaimer sheets, receipts books, logs, and other documentation.
- Develops and implements recreational programs by overseeing gym programs; coordinating classes and rentals.
- Maintains communication for the facility by communicating with customers about questions, suggestions, activities, and complaints; assisting with computerized publications; answering phones; greeting customers; reporting any suggestions and complaints to the supervisor; and interacting with public participants.
- Handles cash and closes cash register by accepting payments; making receipts; recording money that was received; ensuring that customers were charged properly by having knowledge of all program times and prices; counting money for the day; separating petty cash; and placing money in the safe.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. An Associate's degree or two years of college with major course work in leisure services, park administration, or a related field preferred.
- Recreation experience highly preferred.
- This position works 20-29 hours per week
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License.
- A Lifeguard Certification (Red Cross, YMCA, or Ellis), First Aid and CPR Certification is REQUIRED
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: 10/29/2021 5:00 PM Central