The Lifeguard will protect the lives of the general public by sitting on the stand, scanning the water, observing patron's activities and enforcing pool rules and regulations. Other duties include ensuring the sanitation of water conditions, providing customer service, setting up facilities for special events and interacting with City employees and the general public.
Thepurpose of this position is to supervise more areas in the recreationalfacility, The Summit. This is accomplished by maintaining the interiorfacilities; being knowledgeable of the operations of the facility; developingand implementing recreational programs; and maintaining communication for thefacility. Other duties include handling cash and closing the cashregister; and interacting with other City employees and citizens. Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations, monitoring activities and providing assistance when necessary.
- Responds to all emergencies providing First Aid, CPR, and AED care.
- Provides service to the general public by coaching swimming lessons; scanning the water to monitor activities; informing customers of upcoming events and answering inquiries.
- Prepares facilities for special events by setting up tables and chairs and decorating.
- A high school diploma or GED and a valid Texas Class C driver's license preferred.
- This position works up to 19 hour per week
- A Lifeguard Certification (Red Cross, YMCA, or Ellis), First Aid and CPR Certification is REQUIRED.
- Water Safety Instructor's (WSI) Certificate preferred.
Closing Date/Time: 10/29/2021 5:00 PM Central