The Lifeguard/Recreation Aide
will protect the lives of the City's patrons by sitting on the stand, scanning the water, observing patron's activities and enforcing pool rules and regulations. Other duties include ensuring the sanitation of water conditions, providing customer service and answering customer's questions, setting up facilities for special events and interacting with City employees and the general public. As well as maintaining the interior facilities; overseeing the operations of the facility; developing and implementing recreational programs; and maintaining communication for the facility.Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations; monitoring activities and providing assistance when necessary.
- Provides service to the general public by coaching swimming lessons; scanning the water to monitor activities; informing customers' of upcoming events and answering inquiries.
- Prepares facilities for special events by setting up tables and chairs and decorating
- High school diploma or GED preferred. An Associate's degree or two years of college with major course work in leisure services, park administration, or a related field preferred.
- Recreation experience highly preferred.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License and CPR/First Aide Certification
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous