Salary: $16.19 - $24.73 Hourly USD
Job Summary The purpose of this position is to operate heavy equipment for a variety of construction and maintenance operations within the City. This is accomplished by using equipment such as: backhoes, rollers, graders, and front-end loaders to complete construction projects; assisting with operations; when assigned to landfill: operating dozers and compactors on a 3:1 slope, driving articulated dump trucks and operating excavators. Other duties include performing preventative maintenance; and interacting with other City employees and citizens. Essential Job Functions
- Performs heavy equipment operation by using equipment to push trash; maintaining the appropriate grade and compaction levels; hauling dirt; loading truck with excavator; driving truck to work site; combining trash and dirt in order to grade; and maintaining site compliance.
- Performs preventative maintenance by greasing equipment; cleaning filters; checking all fluids; inspecting undercarriage; tracking inspections; and cleaning tracks.
- Assists with landfill operations by screening waste that may be hazardous and providing facility maintenance.
- Excavating loads of metal for recycling; moving wood chips, recycled dirt, and concrete
- Maintaining stockpiles; pushing brush, wood, concrete, and dirt with Bulldozer.
- Moving litter fences to reduce windblown litter from leaving the site; and other litter prevention duties as required.
- Responding to after hours emergencies, such as fires, as needed.
- Education: Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
- Experience: Two years of heavy equipment. Experience working in Landfill preferred.
- Licenses: Valid Class A CDL Driver's License required within 6 months of employment.
- Certifications Required: EPA Certification for Refrigerants
Closing Date/Time: 10/29/2021 5:00 PM Central
10/29/2021 5:00 PM Central
Grand Prairie, Texas