Prairie Lights Holiday Event 2019
The purpose of this position is to patrol the park areas for the City of Grand Prairie and provide security. This is accomplished by walking and driving around park areas, ensuring regulations are adhered to and talking and interacting with park patrons.Must work 7 day PM schedule that includes Thanksgiving night, Christmas Eve and Christmas nights, and New Year's Eve and New Year's nights.Essential Job Functions
- Patrols City parks and lakes facilities;
- Assists with special events by making rounds of park areas; ensuring regulations are adhered to; and assisting the public as needed;
- Enforces City ordinances and park rules and regulations;
- Acts as a public information source;
- Prepares written reports of incidents and accidents;
- Prepares daily logs and activity reports;
- Maintains records of park activities, prepares reports, and creates forms;
- Coordinates projects and performs general maintenance, cleaning, repair and improvement on all lake-related park and camping facilities and equipment;
- Operates a variety of tools, equipment, and vehicles
- Assists with planning and designating assignments for Park Attendants, and volunteers;
- First Aid, First Responder (emergency responses);
- Flexible schedule to include overnight hours might be required.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
- Applicants must agree to work PM schedule, 7 days a week to include all holidays, (Thanksgiving night, Christmas Eve and Christmas nights and New Years Eve and New Years nights.
- Must be able to work holiday event from November thru January. Evening hours that require weekends, some holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & day and New Years Eve and day. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather including rain and snow.
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Very Frequent: More than 51% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: 12/30/2021 5:00 PM Central