OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM NUMBER: Y5113I
FILING START DATE: 07/25/16 AT 8:00 A.M.- UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. REBULLETIN INFORMATION: THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. COVID-19 Vaccination mandate
All County workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the hiring department. DEFINITION
Provides basic nursing care and clerical support service for assigned patients.CLASSIFICATION STANDARDS:
Positions allocable to this class report to a registered nurse and perform basic nursing care for patients or clerical duties as related to patients. Incumbents are expected to exercise progressively developing skills and knowledge in nursing, while enhancing with practical experience their academic preparation for working on a full-time or professional basis in nursing.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists or provides basic hygienic care such as dressing and grooming the patient.
- Maintains a safe and comfortable unit environment for patients by removing harmful items found in the unit and notifying supervisor and maintaining furnishings in a safe manner.
- Assists the physician or other personnel in examinations and treatments by escorting, positioning, draping and holding the patient.
- Requests and distributes supplies notifying supervisor of impending needs.
- Assembles and maintains patient's records by filing and retrieving charts and updating records as treatment is provided. Reports and records patient's daily dietary intake on patient records.
- Maintains a clean environment for the patient including maintaining the patient's unit in a neat and orderly manner or cleaning equipment used for the patient in accordance with procedures and policies.
- Makes patient's beds and changes soiled linen.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current enrollment in an accredited registered nursing program.* -AND-
2. Current enrollment in at least one clinical nursing course.*PHYSICAL CLASS III- Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighing over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
* Applicants must attach an official letter (with school seal) from an accredited nursing program verifying current enrollment status and enrollment of a clinical nursing course at the time of filing or within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing online.
**For this examination, a healthcare setting includes, but is not limited to, acute-care hospitals, physicians' offices, urgent-care centers, and outpatient clinics.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Paid or non-paid clerical experience in a healthcare setting.**
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT
This examination will consist of a rating from record based on application information and desirable qualifications, weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register. Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add Baguila@dhs.lacounty.gov and email@example.com to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail.
Applications will be processed on an "as-received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing score on this examination will be added to the eligible register and will appear in the order of their score group for a period of six (6) months following the date of eligibility.
No person may compete in this examination more than once every six (6) months.
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The resulting eligible register from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.
APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST on the last day of filing will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking the "APPLY" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected. NOTE
: If you are unable to attach documents to your application, you must email the documents to the Exam Analyst, Brenda Aguila at Baguila@dhs.lacounty.gov
within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing online. Please include exam number and exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE:
All applicants must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.
CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE:
Brenda G. Aguila, Exam Analyst
Closing Date/Time: Continuous