With more than 10 million residents, Los Angeles County is the most populous county in the nation. As the largest employer in Southern California, over 112,000 employees in more than 36 Departments provide vital public services as diverse as law enforcement, property assessment, public health protection, water conservation, cultural activities and many more.Open Competitive Job OpportunityExam Number: Y2594D-RReady to join the County team?We are accepting applications starting Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 8:00 AM (PT).This recruitment will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without notice.Apply to this posting and join our ever-growing and diverse workforce.
We're seeking individuals that can:
Lead highly specialized, integrated, complex information systems analysis to design, test, integrate, and implement one or more of the following Electronic Health Records (EHR) components: Registration, Admitting, Discharge, Transfer, (R/ADT) and Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI); Patient Acuity; Patient Scheduling; Nurse Scheduling; Time capture; training; clinical applications; or ancillary services applications such as lab, radiology, and pharmacy. Provides technical leadership in IT strategic planning, business automation planning, and business process improvements.Check Out Our Outstanding Benefits!Click here
to see a list of employee benefits.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies user, functional, and technical requirements for information systems by conducting user interviews; performing workflow analysis; performing data analysis; identifying patterns in system and/or user errors; identifying roles and access privileges; testing the functionality of modules, components, and/or entire information systems; creating, reviewing and updating training materials; identifying and resolving potential problems, and assisting in the implementation and conversion project plans for new information systems and/or enhancements.
- Leads highly specialized complex information system analysis for an integrated system which includes designing, testing, training, IT project management, and implementation of various EHR modules including but not limited to: Registration, Scheduling, Lab, Radiology, and Pharmacy by conducting workflow data analysis, data mapping and integration sessions to support and enhance the enterprise electronic health record system that will provide patient care in a safe and efficient manner.
- Documents process flows and standardizes existing and future process flow improvements by conducting data collection and meetings with the subject matter experts to gain full understanding of system usability.
- Acts as a technical liaison between various stakeholders of information systems (e.g., users, departmental leaders, project managers, vendors, programmers) by serving as the point of contact with respect to information system-related projects and functions; providing and receiving information; and conveying the needs, requirements, and technical information of the parties involved to facilitate and/or interpret communication between various stakeholders.
- Coordinates information systems projects by collaborating with stakeholders of information systems (e.g., users, departmental leaders, project managers, vendors, programmers); monitoring progress on various assignments related to the project(s); providing management with status updates; using appropriate methods to ensure the completion and successful implementation, integration, transition, and/or efficiency of new information systems and/or information system enhancements.
- Monitors vendor performance by reviewing Statement of Works (SOWs), tracking project timelines, and reporting status to management.
- Provides orientation and/or technical training to various users by teaching functions, procedures, and processes of the electronic health record (EHR) system to provide individuals with the necessary information to operate, maintain, and/or support information systems.
- Supervises several subordinate Information Systems Analysts by performing a full range of administrative and supervisory tasks, which includes advising, motivating, training, supporting, coaching, mentoring, and disciplining employees; delegating assignments to subordinate staff; monitoring, reviewing, and evaluating employees' work products and performance; monitoring adherence to project plans and delivery schedules; and conducting staff meetings to ensure that quality service is delivered in a timely and productive manner, supports business goals and objectives, and complies with countywide and departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises a technical team by providing technical guidance and oversight on routine to complex projects, assignments, and issues related to information systems analysis and makes decisions in the absence of other supervisory staff (equivalent level classification) as needed.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS: Option I:
Graduation from an accredited* institution with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, AND four (4) years within the last six (6) years of progressively more responsible,** full-time experience in a centralized healthcare related information technology organization*** with knowledge and experience in healthcare related systems**** at a medium-to-large public or private healthcare organization***** performing information systems analysis and design for complex systems.******Option II:
Two (2) years within the last three (3) years of experience at the level of Los Angeles County's class of Senior Information Systems Analyst******* with knowledge and experience in healthcare related systems**** in a centralized healthcare related information technology organization.***Option III:
Five (5) years within the last six (6) years of progressively responsible,** full-time experience in a centralized healthcare related information technology organization*** with knowledge and experience in healthcare related systems**** at a medium-to-large public or private healthcare organization***** performing information systems analysis and design for complex systems.******License:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.Physical Class:
2-Light. Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved. Special Requirement Information: *
In order to receive credit for a Bachelor's or higher degree, you mu st provide at the time of filing or within seven (7) calendar days from the last day of filing a legible copy of your official diploma/transcripts/letter from an accredited institution that shows the area of specialization. If you are unable to attach the required documents, you must email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include exam number and exam title in your email. Applications received without proof of the required degree(s) will not be considered as meeting the stated requirements under Option I. For more information regarding education, please see the Employment Information
document on the LA County Jobs website.
**Progressively responsible experience is defined as is a significant increase in the complexity and the scope of responsibility.
*** Centralized healthcare related IT organization is defined as a unit or department that provides comprehensive IT services such as analysis, design, acquisition, development, implementation, maintenance, and/or support of information systems, under the direction or guidance of the organization's Chief IT official in a healthcare related IT organization .
****Healthcare related systems includes: Registration, Admitting, Discharge, Transfer (R/ADT), Patient Scheduling (PS), Training, clinical applications, ancillary services applications such as lab, radiology, and pharmacy; performing information systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of large complex enterprise application (clinic and/or financial) systems.
*****Medium to large healthcare organization is defined as a healthcare organization with more than one site and/or more than one set of clinical services and a hospital, such as a hospital or Ambulatory Care Network.
******Complex systems is defined as having experience in more than one healthcare functional solution (i.e., registration, scheduling, lab, rad, pharmacy, OR, ambulatory, practice management, maternal-fetal, ED, urgent care, cardiology, Behavioral Health, Rehab, Health Information Exchange, revenue cycle, HIM, population health, care management)
*******Experience at the level of the Los Angeles County's class of Senior Information Systems Analyst
is defined as, responsible for and provides specialized information systems analysis, including the definition of user requirements, feasibility studies, design, program specifications, testing, and implementation. For a complete description of the class specification, please click on the title hyperlink.APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE SELECTION REQUIREMENTS AT THE TIME OF FILING. NO WITHHOLD IS ALLOWED FOR THIS EXAMINATION. Desirable Qualifications:
- Certification* from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience in support of EHR/EMR (Electronic Medical Record) modules/applications.
- Experience in leading one or more technical teams completing the EHR/EMR implementation support such as the Cerner Millennium System.
- Experience in Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) related systems.
Additional Information Our Assessment Process:
Once we determine that you meet the requirements, we will invite you to participate in the following two (2) parts: Part 1:
M ultiple-choice and/or simulation assessments weighted at 50% measuring Deductive Reasoning, Deciding and Initiating Action, Working with People, Persuading and Influencing, Planning and Organizing, and Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
Applicant may be invited to participate in both Part I and II. However, only those that achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in Part I, will have Part II scored. Part 2:
M ultiple-choice and/or simulation assessments weighted at 50% measuring three Professional/Technical Knowledge areas:
- Project Management, covering the following topics: Project Communications Management, Project Cost Management, Project Human Resource Management, Project Management Characteristics, Project Management Methodologies, Project Procurement Management, Project Quality Management, Project Risk Management, Project Scope Management, Project Stakeholder Management and Project Time Management.
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), covering the following topics: Knowledge of Capacity Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
- Software Business Analysis, covering the following topics: Business Process, Diagramming and Modeling, Documentation, Joint Application Development, Methodologies and Tools, Project Development, Requirements Gathering, System Design and User Interface.
THE MULTIPLE-CHOICE AND/OR SIMULATION ASSESSMENT(S) IS NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19. Applicants must meet the requirements and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on each part of the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.
Multiple choice and/or simulation assessment(s) scores cannot be given over the phone.
For additional exam information, click here
. Anti-Racism, Diversity, and Inclusion (ARDI):
The County of Los Angeles recognizes and affirms that all people are created equal and are entitled to all rights afforded by the Constitution of the United States. The Department of Human Resources is committed to promoting Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts to address the inequalities and disparities amongst race. We support the ARDI Strategic Plan and its goals by improving equality, diversity, and inclusion in recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Fair Chance Initiative:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment
. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed
. COVID-19 Vaccination
All County workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the hiring department. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation :
If you have a disability and need assistance to apply to this job, let us know by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
and completing the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form
. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can respond to your request and keep you moving through the process. If you have additional questions regarding this job bulletin, please contact us at the following information: ADA Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgADA Coordinator Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Department Contact Name:
Heidi KimDepartment Contact Email:
email@example.comDepartment Contact Phone:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous