OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
FIRST DAY OF FILING:
MAY 15, 2020 @ 10:00 AM, PSTUNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICES ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSURE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICEAll County workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the hiring department.ABOUT LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest municipal health system in the nation. DHS operates as an integrated health system, operating 26 health centers and four acute care hospitals, in addition to providing health care to youth in the juvenile justice system and inmates in the LA County jails. Across the network of DHS' directly operated clinical sites and through partnerships with community-based clinics, DHS cares for about 800,000 unique patients each year, employs over 22,000 staff, and has an annual operating budget of 5 billion.
Through academic affiliations with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), the University of Southern California (USC), and the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Sciences (CDU), DHS hospitals are training sites for physicians completing their Graduate Medical Education in nearly every medical specialty and subspecialty. In addition, to its direct clinical services, DHS also runs the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency and the County's 911 emergency response system, as well as Housing for Health and the Office of Diversion and Re-entry, each with a critical role in connecting vulnerable populations, including those released from correctional and institutional settings, to supportive housing.MISSION
"To advance the health of our patients and our communities by providing extraordinary care" DEFINITION:
Supervises a group of technicians engaged in scheduling and conducting electroencephalographic examinations.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules and assigns personnel on the basis of factors such as workload, the number of employees available and their qualifications for performing the procedure involved.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work of the unit to ensure its efficient and effective operation.
- Maintains effective program systems to assure adherence to prescribed operating standards and procedures, the performance of first-line maintenance of equipment, and the preparation and maintenance of required records.
- Develops and maintains infection control procedures for the electroencephalographic laboratory.
- Maintains laboratory logs, charge slips, and teaching files.
- Answers inquiries from medical personnel concerning electroencephalographic policies which have been established by the department.
- Supervises a group of electroencephalographic technicians with responsibility for their training and evaluation; recommends the adjustment of employee grievances and disciplinary action.
- Analyzes unit needs and recommends changes in operational procedures and budget expenditures to improve the quality of services; consults with medical personnel in the formulation, modification, and implementation of new procedures and practices; develops and evaluates new work techniques.
- Plans and directs an on-the-job training program for subordinates; counsels them and suggests ways of improving performance.
- Searches technical publications and other literature in the field to identify new equipment, methods, or materials which appear to warrant investigative tryout; develops appropriate recommendations and submits them to supervisor.
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Two (2) years of experience conducting electroencephalographic examinations in a hospital setting.LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS II - LIGHT:
Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.Special Requirement Information:
*In order to receive credit for the required certificate under the Desirable Qualifications, you must present a legible copy of the Registration or Board Eligible Certificate, or official letter from the institution which shows your eligibility at the time of filing, or email to analyst at email@example.com within 15 calendar days of filing online.
In order to receive credit for an Associate degree under the Desirable Qualifications, you must include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization; or official certificates with your application at the time of filing
, or email the degree to the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 calendar days of filing online.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Board eligible or registered* electroencephalograph issued by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologist (ABRET) or Board eligible as an electroencephalograph.
- Associate degree in Neurodiagnostic or Health Science from an accredited college**.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of experience and desirable qualifications based upon application information, weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade on the examination will be added to the Eligible Register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail.No person may compete in this exam more than once every twelve (12) months. SPECIAL INFORMATION
Appointees may be required to work any shift
including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.Available Shift:
The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies within the Department of Health Services. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Applications will be processed on an as received basis. Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using the website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from Class Specification and Minimum Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
AND YOU MAY ALSO BE DISQUALIFIED.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last date of filing will not be accepted.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password my erase a candidate's original application record.
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment . The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed.DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Christina Roy, Exam Analyst
(323) 914-5134CRoy@dhs.lacounty.govADA COORDINATOR PHONE
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE