Description College Police Officer (Sworn): Class Specification (Job description)BCPOA Range 1
; Full-time/Non-Exempt 40 hours per week; 12 months per year
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2021
Tentative Interviews: June 2021 Open Continuously Until Filled Application Tips for Success
Additional Resources: POSITION HIGHLIGHTS:
Butte College Police Officers perform a variety of duties and responsibilities related to providing protection of life and property on and near District property, respond to reported emergencies, initiate pro-active policing and perform other law enforcement functions. Butte College is a great working environment with reasonable hours and a generous vacation plan. Sworn members of this department are peace officers pursuant to Penal Code• 830.32 and Education Code• 72330.
Full-time 40 hours per week; 12 months per year. Mon-Thurs 0700-1700 or 1300-1100, or Mon-Fri 0700-1500, exact schedule is yet to be determined.
NOTE: If you are a peace officer from out-of-state, you must be in possession of a "Basic Course Waiver (BCW)" issued by the California commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training. Please visit http: //post.ca.gov/
for more information.
Salary Range 1 $51,249.93 - $62,524.98 per year (POST Basic Certification required)
Salary Range 2 $52,274.91 - $63,775.49 per year (POST Intermediate Certification required)
Salary Range 3 $53,299.92 - $65,026.01 per year (POST Advanced Certification required)
Salary Range 4 $54,324.91 - $66,276.50 per year (POST Supervisory Certification required)
NOTE: Relocation Reimbursement is available. For more information please see here
. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please visit the class specification
to see the representative duties, minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and other requirements of the position. DIVERSITY QUALIFICATION:
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
All applicants, including current butte college employees, must submit all required documents with the online application in order to move forward in the recruitment process. REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS:
- Resume or Vita: Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
- Diversity Essay: The Butte-Glenn Community College District has a very diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds.
- In your Diversity Essay, please describe your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and professional experience working with these diverse group.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code • 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment, the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies for positions with the same class specification.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.