Primary Duties Minimum Starting Salary: $15.00/hr
Under close supervision, cleans and maintains City buildings and facilities according to safety rules and City quality standards. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs custodial and janitorial duties in City facilities; maintains attractive, sanitary and safe facilities for City staff and public; cleans floors, walls and windows using manual and power equipment; empties trash receptacles; moves furniture and equipment; cleans and disinfects restrooms; sanitizes toilets, sinks and fixtures; restocks restroom supplies; replaces light bulbs, adjusts equipment; sets up electronic equipment for events; paints and touchups on paint as needed; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Performs banquet and event preparation and breakdown as directed by supervisor including set-up and disassembly of chairs, tables, audio-visual and electronic equipment.
- Performs limited maintenance of exhibits and public spaces including painting, replacement of ceiling tiles and trim, etc; duties vary according to job assignment.
- Occasional outside building and grounds maintenance related to customer irrigation, minor painting, removal of debris, set-ups and breakdowns for outside events, and cleaning of eaves and overheads.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and cleans up spills and unsafe conditions in a timely manner; reports safety hazards, equipment problems, repair needs, security issues and emergency situations.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other related duties and assigned duties as required.
- City policies and procedures.
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in facilities maintenance.
- Safe work practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions in public facilities.
- Using basic tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Following verbal and written instructions and procedures, including proper use and storage of chemicals
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of facilities maintenance and/or custodial experience.
- A valid Texas Driver's License
Physical Demands Heavy Work:
- Various hours and days to include nights and weekends.
- Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.