Primary Duties Minimum Starting Salary: $15.00/hr.
Under basic supervision, provides customer service in the retail sales (museum store) and admissions. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides prompt and courteous service to the public with requests for information, fee collection and merchandise sales, in order to maintain positive customer service relations.
- Maintains cash and fund accounts and records; assists with merchandising, special events and museum programs; performs duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with City policies.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- City policies and procedures.
- Basic retail sales and practices.
- Entering numerical data into a computer system with skill and accuracy.
- Resolving customer service problems.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience.
- A Valid Texas Driver's License.
Physical Demands Light Work:
- Various Days & hours primarily weekends. Up to 19 hours a week.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.