Primary Duties Minimum Starting Salary: $17.98/hr.
Under basic supervision, performs vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Welds and repairs Solid Waste Department (SWD) vehicles and equipment in accordance with standard procedures, safety regulations and City policy, reports maintenance needs and deficiencies to supervisor.
- Diagnoses vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance needs and performs repairs on hydraulic, electric, and electronic components; performs preventive maintenance tasks; maintains work area and equipment; inspects and cleans equipment and facility.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Driving is essential.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Two years' vehicle and equipment maintenance work experience, including welding.
- A Valid Texas Driver's License.
Physical Demands Heavy Work:
- Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.