Primary DutiesThe start date for this position will be October 1, 2021 or after.
Under basic supervision, performs unskilled and heavy manual labor tasks associated with landfill disposal operations. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs litter collection, landscape and landfill maintenance.
• Constructs repairs and installs landfill litter fences.
• Assists in loading and unloading vehicles and directing customers to assigned areas for disposal.
• Directs customers to appropriate location within the landfill for waste disposal and explains procedures and regulations.
• Assists mechanics with a variety of basic tasks as required.
• Cleans, maintains and accounts for basic tools.
• Operates light trucks and equipment. (Mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws and sprayers).
• Obtains daily fuel tank readings.
• Coordinates temporary laborers in the collection of litter from the site.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential Qualifications Required:
Physical Demands Heavy Work:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One years' experience in laborer work
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.EEO Statement
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.