Primary Duties Starting Minimum Rate: $18.00 per hour
Under basic supervision, installs, maintains, tests and repairs treatment plant process control systems, equipment, and electronic components for the Water Utility Services Department (WUSD). Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) electrical and electronic equipment and process control systems, including electronic instruments, monitoring systems, telemetry, and components; installs, tests, calibrates, maintains, and repairs electrical and electronic components and devices; maintains and adjusts equipment to meet job specifications and technical codes.
- Examines equipment malfunctions and troubleshoots actual and potential problems; examines components to be repaired and determines the proper repair techniques; replaces faulty components and tests finished job to determine system durability; maintains records of services performed.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- City policies and procedures.
- Theories and principles of electrical and electronic system repair and maintenance.
- Testing, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining electrical equipment and systems.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Using a personal computer and specialized engineering software applications.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of SCADA, Electrical, Process Instrumentation or Equipment maintenance experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Additional training and certifications may be required.
Preferred: Physical Demands Medium work:
- Requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Major activities are performed indoors and/or outdoors and may be exposed to all weather conditions.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.