Under basic supervision, provides patient care services for the Public Health District (PHD). Essential Functions ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides direct patient care for PHD clinic patients; observes and assesses patients' conditions and behavior; reviews patients' records and records nursing notes on patient chart; performs a variety of medical tests and patient care treatments; provides information, counseling and medical case management according to specific program and physician guidelines; assists with outreach programs; and community education.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Manages inventory of supplies and equipment.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- Associates Degree in Nursing.
- Three years' Nursing experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Additional technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
Physical Demands Sedentary Work:
- Public Health experience.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.