Primary Duties Starting Minimum Rate: $17.00 per hour 2 Positions available: 1 in Water Treatment & 1 in Waste Water Treatment
Under basic supervision, maintains and repairs mechanical equipment and components in the Water/Wastewater (W/WW) treatment facilities of the Water Utility Services Department (WUSD). Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains and repairs mechanical equipment and components and performs preventive maintenance as directed; maintains and adjusts equipment to meet job specifications and technical codes; checks equipment to verify proper operating conditions and identify maintenance needs; maintains records of services performed.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other assigned or related duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- City policies and procedures.
- State and Federal laws and regulations governing water plant operations; including Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) standards.
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in W/WW construction, repair and maintenance.
- Operating and maintaining tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Using a personal computer and specialized software applications.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands Heavy Work:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of mechanical and electrical repair, maintenance and installation experience.
- A valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver's License with Tanker Endorsement required within 180 days of hire.
- Class C Water and/or Class II Wastewater license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) within 2.5 years
- According to the needs of the City, additional training and certifications may be required.
- Requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Major activities are performed outdoors, may be exposed to all weather conditions.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.