Under basic supervision, performs a variety of customer service and maintenance functions at the City landfill and recycling center for Solid Waste Department (SWD). Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs a variety of customer service and maintenance functions at the City landfill and recycling center; operates a variety of vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations; collects and sorts recycle materials; cleans and maintains grounds, facilities and equipment; monitors workflow and material disposition; collects yard waste and special items and assists with litter control assignments.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- City policies and procedures.
- Operation, maintenance and repair standards for specialized equipment and vehicles used in customer service operations and maintenance of SWD facilities.
- Operating a variety of tools, equipment and vehicles in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Resolving customer service problems.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Six months of specialty vehicle operations experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License; Class B Commercial Driver's License may be required.
Physical Demands Heavy work:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Operating heavy equipment (dozers, compactors, dump trucks) at a municipal landfill
- Requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Major activities are performed outdoors, may be exposed to all weather conditions.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.