Primary Duties Minimum hourly wage: $15.54/hr
Under basic supervision, performs standard accounting functions for Finance Department; reviews and process cash receipts, accounts payable and billing documents and performs customer service duties. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs specialist accounting duties according to City policies; enters, reviews and processes transactions and resolves accounting issues within scope of authority; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Reviews and process cash receipts, accounts payable and billing documents.
- Checks documents for validity and accuracy of information; and researches technical issues; updates information and assistance to employees and others having business with the City
- Assists City staff and explains accounting rules, policies and procedures; researches financial and technical issues and resolves problems within the scope of authority.
- Updates and maintains a variety of electronic and paper files, records, reports and documents.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Principles and practices of accounting, bookkeeping and records maintenance.
- Customer service standards and protocols.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Providing effective customer service and dealing tactfully and courteously with customers.
- Entering data and numerical information into a computer system with speed and accuracy.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and three years of bookkeeping and clerical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to pass an Excel assessment with a score of at least 80%.
Physical Demands Sedentary Work:
- A Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.